In this episode we meet David Kaneda to talk about the the Mobile Web, the iPhone and JQTouch: a jQuery plugin for mobile web development on the iPhone, Android, Palm Pre, and other forward-thinking devices.
Episode 38 Highlights:
- Eric and Alan go through the CX Tag Bag
- We get some background on David and how he got into the creative realm.
- David tells exactly what JQTouch is and what it seeks to address.
- Eric talks about the future of mobile technologies, how it provides an ease of access and how companies such as VW cater to this audience.
- David gets more technical giving us a quick rundown of the development process using JQTouch.
- Alan asks how you would go about testing your web app locally and David informs us.
- 7th iPhone? Really David!
- The guys have a roundtable discussion on how powerful web apps on mobile devices are/ can be, what Apple could of done to help with this and what impact it would be on the economy behind iPhone Applications.
- Another roundtable discussion on monetization of web apps and problems app creators face. - "Charging for value"
- David talks about the designer/ developer experience at the pinch/zoom Collective and working with other like minded persons
Don't you know: CreativeXpert has been nominated for PODCAST OF THE YEAR. GO. VOTE. NOW.
Contact us: Tweet @CreativeXpert, email podcast [at] creativexpert.com and tag interesting stuff on delicious, using the tag CXIDEAS. Visit the CXIDEAS Tag Bag: http://delicious.com/tag/cxideas
Thanks to Intern Johns Beharry, freelance Web/ Graphic Designer, for our show notes. http://JohnsBeharry.com