In this episode we are once again joined by Craig Birchler, IxD to the stars. We talk about why so many projects fail — it could be the lack of passion across all of your team.
If you’re interested in joining the CX production team, let us know! We’re wanting to add some editorial segments to the show. Click for more info.
Contact us: Tweet @CreativeXpert, email podcast [at] creativexpert.com and tag interesting stuff on delicious, using the tag CXIDEAS. Visit the CXIDEAS Tag Bag: http://delicious.com/tag/cxideas
We may produce a future series on Design Business 101, covering rates, invoicing and running your freelance business, so get in-touch if you have any ideas.
Episode 34 Features:
- Eric again is without internet this week. Seems to be still be battling it out with his ISP. So he is recording at the company where he works and we learn that he designs interfaces on the ProStores platform.
- We’re working on the redesign and transfer of CX on SquareSpace so keep an eye out for that!
News & Reviews
Eric updates with some del.icio.us snacks from the Tag Bag:
- How to Create Your First iPhone Application
- Design Commission iPhone Stencil Kit for mocking up App UIs
- - Alan starts making up words
- Craig tells us about the hardships of launching and developing his app and even to the extent of getting the one in development outsourced.
- Alan point’s out the importance of communication between designers, developers and persons in general on a team and passion.
- Eric dreams of a Flash Catalyst/ Builder for iPhone design/ development.
- Alan pronounces his love for Eric live on the show but is taken no mind to due to Eric’s ADD.
- Alan moves on talks about past experiences with passionless persons he’s attempted to start projects with.
- Eric talks about the differences in what turns on designers vs. developers
- Alan talks about idea’s - Shirt out Loud other ideas
Craig’s website: http://www.craigbirchler.com and follow him on twitter @craigbirchler
Other Links mentioned:
Thanks to Intern Johns Beharry, Freelance Web/ Graphic Designer http://JohnsBeharry.com